Close Menu
    What's Trending

    ADC group vows to deliver Katsina for Atiku, Kaita

    Real Warri Pikin cancels Warri show, rejects tribal, political divisions

    WAFCON: Algeria beat Ivory Coast 2-1 to reach semi-finals, World Cup

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Nexter News Nigeria
    • News
    • Politics

      ADC group vows to deliver Katsina for Atiku, Kaita

      August 15, 2026

      Accord factional chair Imumolen withdraws from presidential race, backs Tinubu

      August 6, 2026

      Advisory council inaugurates 26 LGA coordinators for Wadada’s 2027 guber bid in Nasarawa

      August 1, 2026

      Obanikoro says he no longer wants to be Lagos governor

      July 20, 2026

      ADC faction submits 2027 candidates, unveils Barkindo as running mate

      July 13, 2026
    • Business

      22 offshore projects to attract $30bn investment by 2030, says NUPRC CEO by

      August 6, 2026

      Dangote to donate one-third of his wealth to charity, daughter reveals

      July 28, 2026

      FOR THE RECORDS  KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU, GCFR, AT THE UNVEILING OF THE NG-CARES ADDITIONAL FINANCING, SOLID, AND HOPE PROGRAMMES

      July 18, 2026

      Court upholds FCCPC’s authority to probe Air Peace ticket pricing dispute

      July 10, 2026

      FG pushes fleet renewal, deepens aircraft partnership with bombardier

      July 10, 2026
    • Sports
    • Features
    • Agriculture
    • Nexter Media
      • NEXTER Radio/FM
      • NEXTER TV
      • Podcast
    Nexter News Nigeria
    Home»Politics»Kashim Musa Tumsah declares for governorship, promises better Yobe
    Politics

    Kashim Musa Tumsah declares for governorship, promises better Yobe

    Tahir AhmedBy Tahir AhmedNovember 4, 2025Updated:November 4, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share WhatsApp Telegram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Facebook Instagram
    Share
    WhatsApp Telegram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Copy Link

    By NEXTER

    Barr Kashim Musa Tumsah has publicly declared his intention to contest the Yobe state governorship seat in the coming 2027 general elections.

    Tumsah MFR made this known at an event which held in Kano and organised by the Yobe First Movement YFM, a politically inclined pressure group in the state calling on him to run for the exalted seat.

    “I have been closely monitoring the YFM movement, the calls made by many change enthusiasts, youth and women groups and of course many of our respected elders and leaders.

    “I have also always shared the concerns of our people seeking someone like me to contest the governorship position in our dear state.

    “This is a significant call that cannot be ignored by a seriously minded person who has the progress of our dear state and its upcoming generations at heart and I therefore wish to tell you that I have accepted your call.

    “However, since this meeting is holding outside Yobe, in Kano, I want to plead with you to give me sometime so that I can officially come home to Yobe and make formal declaration,” he said.

    Tumsah, also a development advocate whose humanitarian assistance in all social and community needs is being felt in all parts of the state in a span of over 20 years also informed the YFM members that he will most likely contest under the platform of the APC which is his party.

    Earlier in his speech, the YFM Director-General, Comrade Lawan M Ibrahim said the meeting was part of series of meetings organised by the movement to prevail on KMT to contest for the governorship seat in Yobe in 2027.

    The DG maintained that Yobe has been yearning for a better leaders and that KMT has been demonstrating the qualities of such a leader through his long standing interventions especially in education, provision of water, access roads especially in rural and hard to reach areas, empowerment, provision of solar powered street light among others.

    “Your Excellency sir, I want to assure you that we will arrange a grand reception for your coming for the formal declaration, ” the DG stated.

    Share. WhatsApp Telegram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link
    Previous ArticleLGAs Polls: NSIEC deploys 5249 adhoc staff
    Next Article Jafaru federal lawmaker survives bandits attack in Niger
    Tahir Ahmed

    Related Posts

    ADC group vows to deliver Katsina for Atiku, Kaita

    August 15, 2026

    Accord factional chair Imumolen withdraws from presidential race, backs Tinubu

    August 6, 2026

    Advisory council inaugurates 26 LGA coordinators for Wadada’s 2027 guber bid in Nasarawa

    August 1, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Advertisement
    Latest Posts

    ADC group vows to deliver Katsina for Atiku, Kaita

    Real Warri Pikin cancels Warri show, rejects tribal, political divisions

    WAFCON: Algeria beat Ivory Coast 2-1 to reach semi-finals, World Cup

    Niger: 100 PHC clinics ready for operation in 4 months – commissioner

    Trending Posts

    ADC group vows to deliver Katsina for Atiku, Kaita

    August 15, 2026

    Accord factional chair Imumolen withdraws from presidential race, backs Tinubu

    August 6, 2026

    Advisory council inaugurates 26 LGA coordinators for Wadada’s 2027 guber bid in Nasarawa

    August 1, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    © 2026 Nexter News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.