Close Menu
    What's Trending

    NFF handed Gusau a 24-hour ultimatum to resign

    JAMB: Why scoring 80% may not secure admission for under-16 candidates

    NECO Registrar Professor Dantani Wushishi elected VP AEAA

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Nexter News Nigeria
    • News
    • Politics

      Osun election: KDI flags BVAS failures, vote buying, result gaps

      August 21, 2026

      ADC group vows to deliver Katsina for Atiku, Kaita

      August 15, 2026

      Accord factional chair Imumolen withdraws from presidential race, backs Tinubu

      August 6, 2026

      Advisory council inaugurates 26 LGA coordinators for Wadada’s 2027 guber bid in Nasarawa

      August 1, 2026

      Obanikoro says he no longer wants to be Lagos governor

      July 20, 2026
    • Business

      NUPRC CEO: Falling offshore investments raise skills gap fears in Nigeria’s oil sector

      August 21, 2026

      22 offshore projects to attract $30bn investment by 2030, says NUPRC CEO by

      August 6, 2026

      Dangote to donate one-third of his wealth to charity, daughter reveals

      July 28, 2026

      FOR THE RECORDS  KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU, GCFR, AT THE UNVEILING OF THE NG-CARES ADDITIONAL FINANCING, SOLID, AND HOPE PROGRAMMES

      July 18, 2026

      Court upholds FCCPC’s authority to probe Air Peace ticket pricing dispute

      July 10, 2026
    • Sports
    • Features
    • Agriculture
    • Nexter Media
      • NEXTER Radio/FM
      • NEXTER TV
      • Podcast
    Nexter News Nigeria
    Home»News»Again fresh communal crisis claims 100 in Niger 
    News

    Again fresh communal crisis claims 100 in Niger 

    Adeloje OjoBy Adeloje OjoJuly 7, 2026Updated:July 7, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share WhatsApp Telegram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Facebook Instagram
    Share
    WhatsApp Telegram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Copy Link
    * As war over sharing lawmaker’s largesse spread, Deputy Governor visits ravaged villages, imposes curfew
    No arrest yet- police
    By Aideloje Ojo
    Minna
    No fewer than 100 people have reportedly been killed in fresh communal war between communities in Rafi local government area of Niger state.
    The communal crisis broke out last week during which police confirmed 18 deaths and reconciliations measures to avert further crises.
    However, it was learnt that the crisis escalated to full blown war at the weekend and quickly spread to other six communities resulting in the death of over 100 villagers.
    Residents of the waring communities told our reporter on condition of anonymity, that the genesis of the crisis emanated from disagreements between the Kamuku and Fulani people over the sharing of financial largesse donated by the Senator representing Niger East Senatorial District during the recent APC primaries
    They said that contrary to government claims that the crisis originated from land dispute, it actually began after the largesse donated by the lawmaker was shared and some Fulani groups felt short changed.
    “The Fulani leader who took their share to his people was beaten up and asked to return the money. But the man was later discovered to have died mysteriously which his kinsmen blamed on the Kamuku people. The Fulani men then launched attack on Kamuku community and since then it has been one attack and another in reprisals “, they said.
    It was learnt that the weekend attack began few hours after the Emir of Kagara, Alhaji Ahmed Garba Gunna led a reconciliatory committee to a meeting with the fulani leaders in their communities
    Meanwhile the state government has imposed curfew in the affected areas while urging the traditional rulers of the area to ensure genuine reconciliation and total return of peace.
    The Deputy Governor of Niger State, Comrade Yakubu Garba gave the directive on Monday during assessment visit to the affected communities.
    Representing the Governor  Mohammed Umaru Bago, the Deputy Governor also ordered the immediate deployment of all available security resources to the troubled areas and urged security forces to implement proactive strategies to manage the crisis and avert further escalation.
    The police confirmed fresh skirmishes in the area, adding that tactical teams have been deployed to the affected villages but didn’t give casualty figure on the fresh incidents. 
     
     
     
    The Police Public Relations Officer PPRO of the Niger State Police Command, SP Wasiu Abiodun told our reporter that, 
     ” for now no arrest has been made. The Command has deployed tactical teams to the area and normalcy has returned “.
     
    Share. WhatsApp Telegram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link
    Previous ArticleNiger christians demand for 2027 Deputy Governor’s position 
    Next Article I might not be alive to contest in 2027 – Peter Obi
    Adeloje Ojo

    Related Posts

    NECO Registrar Professor Dantani Wushishi elected VP AEAA

    August 21, 2026

    FG declares Tuesday public holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

    August 21, 2026

    Dangote pledges N600m LASU hostel, offers first-class graduates jobs

    August 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Advertisement
    Latest Posts

    NFF handed Gusau a 24-hour ultimatum to resign

    JAMB: Why scoring 80% may not secure admission for under-16 candidates

    NECO Registrar Professor Dantani Wushishi elected VP AEAA

    FG declares Tuesday public holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

    Trending Posts

    NECO Registrar Professor Dantani Wushishi elected VP AEAA

    August 21, 2026

    FG declares Tuesday public holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

    August 21, 2026

    Dangote pledges N600m LASU hostel, offers first-class graduates jobs

    August 21, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    © 2026 Nexter News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.